[X3D-Public] [consortium] potential free audio formats for X3D - ogg and flac

Richard F. Puk puk at igraphics.com
Sat May 11 09:41:41 PDT 2013

Hi, Don --

I agree that improving the audio capabilities of X3D is important. However,
I think that correct parameterization is paramount and that this will need
both research and an investigation to see if there is an available
International Standard. Then, trial implementations would be a good idea. I
note that surround sound from HDTV might be a place to start since it is
likely that that will be the most common presentation mechanism.

  -- Dick