[X3D-Public] Web3D 2013 Conference Announces its Keynote Speaker - Ricardo Cabello ( Mr.doob )

Anita Havele anita.havele at web3d.org
Thu May 16 12:37:24 PDT 2013

 <http://www.web3d2013.org/> Web3D 2013 Conference: 18th International
Conference on 3D Web Technology, 20-22 June 2013 - San Sebastian, Spain

Don't miss this opportunity to listen to our  keynote speaker Ricardo
Cabello share his insight on 3D on the Web. Our two day conference explores
methods of using, enhancing and creating 3D Web and Multimedia. Check out
<http://web3d2013.org/program.html> our program jam-packed with paper
presentations, tutorials, workshops and our ever popular Web3D Showcase.
Network with over 100  3D Web experts and learn about the recent trends in
3D Web. To register please visit:  <http://web3d2013.org/registration.html>
http://web3d2013.org/registration.html

http://web3d2013.org/images/ricardo_cabello.pngRicardo Cabello ( Mr.doob )

Ricardo Cabello - also known in the Web 3D and Demoscene Communities as
Mr.doob - ( <https://twitter.com/mrdoob> @mrdoob) is a self-taught graphic
designer and computer programmer focusing on the possibilities the web has
to offer. His work goes from simple interactive digital toys -
<http://www.mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/google-gravity/> Google
Gravity,  <http://www.mrdoob.com/projects/chromeexperiments/ball-pool/> Ball
Pool and  <http://www.mrdoob.com/projects/harmony/> Harmony - to full
featured experiences -  <http://www.thejohnnycashproject.com/> The Johnny
Cash Project,  <http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/> The Wilderness
Downtown and  <http://www.ro.me/> ROME. Ricardo spends his spare time
developing very successful open source libraries like
<https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js> three.js,
<https://github.com/mrdoob/frame.js> frame.js and
<https://github.com/mrdoob/stats.js> stats.js with the hope of making web
development simpler for everyone.  <https://github.com/mrdoob/three.js>
three.js is a lightweight cross-browser JavaScript library/API used to
create and display animated 3D computer graphics on a Web browser. Three.js
scripts may be used in conjunction with the HTML5 canvas element, SVG or
WebGL.

Program Snapshot:

Tutorials:

X3DOM Basics, Performance optimization in X3DOM,

Medical Imaging and Volume Rendering in X3D,

Deferred Rendering for Improved Visual Quality,

Scaling Up: Integrating 3D with Whole Body Laser Scan

Workshops:

Web3D and 3D City Models,

Web3D and Industrial Needs,

Augmented Reality and Web3D

Paper Topics:

3D Meshes on the Web

Data search and management for 3D

3D Applications

Rendering for 3D

3D Media Integration

3D Software Architecture

Web3D Showcase: 3D Content and software developers along with hardware
producers take the stage for a whirlwind tour of the latest Web3D features
and applications. Don't miss this opportunity to showcase your innovative 3D
technology to over hundred 3D Web experts.

Best Regards

Anita Havele

Executive Director, Web3D Consortium    <http://www.web3d.org/>
www.web3d.org

Phone: +1 248 342 7662 Fax: +1 248 457 8018