[X3D-Public] Model Based Enterprise and X3D?

Charles P. Lamb CLamb at acm.org
Thu May 30 12:52:15 PDT 2013

Are any of you familiar with "Model Based Enterprise"? I've only just heard of it because the S1000D Steering Committee has recently established a Model Based Enterprise Task Team. I've only just begun learning about it. There is a website http://model-based-enterprise.org/default.aspx . It apparently is a U.S. Army Research Laboratory initiative to extend CAD data through all stages of a product including documentation. Right now it seems they are using 3DPDF as a delivery format. Perhaps they should be approached about considering X3D or X3DOM?

Thanks,

Charles P. Lamb