[X3D-Public] AEC hackathon - call for content!

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.navy.mil
Fri Nov 8 19:32:27 PST 2013

Am happy to report that I was able to make it to the AEC Hackathon on the Facebook campus in Menlo Park Califonria this weekend!

	http://www.aechackathon.com

AEC = Architecture, Engineering and Construction, for example Building Information Models (BIM) and CAD standards.

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Building_information_modeling

	https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAD_standards#AEC_.%28Architecture_Engineering_and_Construction.%29_standards

Thanks to Damon Hernandez and many others who conceived and organized this event.

Saturday morning I'll be giving a quick survey of capabilities and opportunities for this community when content is exported to X3D.

Dave Arendash is also here, no doubt will help "keep us honest" and also keep pushing on the boundaries.  He might also bring his zSpace Deck.. we'll see.  8)

I'm excited to learn a lot more about this industry and see how we might make X3D an option for communication.

Quote from keynote: "This is a $10 trillion industry, very slow to change... but when it changes, a LOT happens."

Thanks in advance for any pointers or projects you might like exposed at the hackathon.  Feel free to come by if you are in the Bay area, it is in Building 15, Son of Ping and Pong auditorium, Facebook campus, Menlo Park, right next to entrance to Route 84 Dumbarton Bridge.  It runs thru Sunday.

Sleep is boring... have fun with X3D!

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br       brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA   +1.831.656.2149