[X3D-Public] Anyone knows of X3D demos using MovieTexture inside TextureBackground?

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 15:25:53 PDT 2013

Hi,

I just implemented TextureBackground inside view3dscene, that supports
any kind of texture (like ImageTexture or MovieTexture) on a side of the
skybox. E.g. you could have animated clouds on a skybox this way. I was
searching the web for an X3D model actually showcasing it, but didn't
find any so far. Looks like most people still use Background, or
TextureBackground+ImageTexture, and the cool combination of
TextureBackground+MovieTexture isn't used.

Anyone has any demos using TextureBackground+MovieTexture?

Anyone wants to create such a demo and share? :) Long time ago I played
with rendering an animated skybox with Terragen. Basically, it should be
possible to create it in any advanced 3D renderer --- you can setup an
environment with clouds (like Blender procedural textures), animate
them, and render to 6 movies with proper camera settings.

Thanks in advance,
Michalis