[X3D-Public] [X3D] AR WG Teleconference Call - Apr 23 (Wed) 9am Germany / 12am US Pacific / 4pm Korea

Brutzman, Donald (Don) (CIV) brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Apr 21 09:06:55 PDT 2014

[added cc: x3D-public at web3D.org]

Hi Gun, this meeting announcement sounds good.  Unfortunately the timing is again difficult for Dick and I - regrets for this week's meeting.

Thanks for periodically posting about this work.  I am willing to meet privately by phone before or after this week's call if that is helpful.

Gun, Timo, and Gerry, discussion topics for this meeting please:
- should we change the name of this matching effort to X3D Mixed Augmented Reality (MAR) rather than X3D Augmented Reality (AR)?
- Any comments on W3C Vibration API at http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/3653

Timo, when I try to retrieve and review your slides linked below, I get an error message:
	https://download.igd.fraunhofer.de/file.php?h=R35713
	"The file you are trying to access is outdated."

Anita, we will continue to keep you informed about AR group activity.  In essence our group strategy is to achieve a harmonized Mixed Augmented Reality (MAR) capability for X3D that implements the work-in-progress MAR Reference Model, compatibly with the emerging X3DOM-related architecture for X3D 4.0.  This certainly takes time - we cannot get ahead of either the ISO Joint Ad Hoc Group work on an MAR Reference Model, or the related X3DOM/X3Dv4.0  efforts.

For easy reference, the other public wiki pages for this work remain:
http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_version_4.0_Development
http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_and_Augmented_Reality

Additional agenda-item request:  Anita, please advise the group with details about the upcoming AR World Expo meeting in Santa Clara that you discussed on the Web3D Board of Directors call this morning.

Thanks everyone.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br       brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA   +1.831.656.2149