[X3D-Public] Navigation > TURNTABLE

Herbert Stocker herbert.stocker at bitmanagement.de
Thu Apr 24 02:26:39 PDT 2014

Hi,

BS Contact also has such a navigation mode now. (Maybe it's not yet in
BS Contact Geo or BS Contact Stereo,
but it will be there with the next updates). We called it ROTATE, in
lack of a better idea, but TURNTABLE seams
a more reasonable name to me.

Like TURNTABLE, our ROTATE mode is also similar to EXAMINE while keeping
the viewer upright.
We use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. In both modi, EXAMINE and
ROTATE, we made it so that using
the wheel keeps the point under the cursor to stay there, similar to
Google Maps. In other words, you are
zooming towards the object you are pointing to.

Pressing Ctrl while doing a drag temporarily turns both modi into a
slide operation, where one can grab the
object and move it sidewards, for example to correct if it's off-center.

Now my question is, should we rename our mode from ROTATE to TURNTABLE,
in order to be consistent with
these two implementations?

best regards,

/i. A. Herbert Stocker/

On 23.04.2014 19:33, doug sanden wrote:
> In the latest release, Freewrlians implemented a TURNTABLE navigation mode as someone mentioned X3Dom doing. Similar to Examine, but keeps the viewer upright and allows right-mouse-button-drag to move in/out. press 't'
> -Doug

www.bitmanagement.com  - Interactive Web3D Graphics
Herbert Stocker
Dipl.-Ing. Univ.