[X3D-Public] X3D Security capabilities and needs

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 13 07:59:47 PST 2014

Customer-specific designs and industrial part designs may benefit from secure models.
-Doug
more..
Some content is custom for a single customer, requiring several days, weeks or person-years of effort to design. The customer may want to see the design before writing the cheque. Making the design harder to reverse engineer by a competitor or the customer would 'smooth transactions'. Examples:
- home/building design.  has a VR component that allows the designer to bundle the viewer and CAD model into a .exe to send to the customer
http://www.sema-soft.com/en/produkt/visu/frameset.htm

- industrial training simulators: in Canada if an industrial worker is killed on the job, a provincial government may order more training, and sometimes custom VR style training simulator projects are the best training method, and are contracted out
http://www.3dinternet.com/

Industrial parts catalog entries - ngrain had a voxel viewer that was popular for catelogs in the oilpatch because it was hard (for a competitor) to reverse engineer a part design from voxels, yet a engineering company could see all parts from different mfgs/suppliers assembled together when designing integrated systems.
http://www.ngrain.com/products/industrial-applications/