[X3D-Public] X3D Security capabilities and needs

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Sat Dec 13 19:24:52 PST 2014

If this is a new thread, I did not see original/previous message(s).
Replying to Christoph here:

My opinion is that security capabilities can be extremely important to all
countries/companies. How else can intellectual property be protected if
anyone wishes to do so? Not every business model can abide to open source.
There is also an inherent need for security and fraud protection for many
types of applications. Without the ability to fulfill  either one of these
needs, X3D would simply not be an option in many scenarios. I view world
encryption as essential but only a part of the solution, SSL
support/compatibilty has to come into play for real protection. Lauren,