[X3D-Public] Announcement: view3dscene 3.15.0 - Spine, and many other improvements

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 12:37:00 PST 2014

Hi,

New version of view3dscene, an open-source VRML/X3D browser developed
with our Castle Game Engine, is available on

  http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php

New features include

* Support for Spine 2D animations. Spine ( http://esotericsoftware.com/
) is a very nice program for creating 2D animations. The Spine models
are loaded by converting them to X3D graph, so you can view them, or
save back to X3D in classic or XML encoding.

* New shiny 3D Text implementation (fast and portable to Android).

* Many new X3D extensions, like NavigationInfo.blendingSort.

* The underlying Castle Game Engine got also various improvements, like
a build tool, for easily compiling and packaging our programs on all
platforms (including Android):
https://sourceforge.net/p/castle-engine/wiki/Build%20tool/ .

See http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/news.php?id=2014-12-30 for full
release announcements.