[X3D-Public] Draggers in X3D?

Limper, Max max.limper at igd.fraunhofer.de
Thu Feb 13 00:36:49 PST 2014

Dear all,

I am wondering whether there are X3D Nodes, or proposals for such, that allow the user to perform standard 3D transformations on objects in the scene. Concretely speaking, what I have in mind are draggers like they seem to exist in the inventor world:
http://oivdoc90.vsg3d.com/content/chapter-8-creating-draggers-and-manipulators

Within the last few months, we had several requests for such simple interaction elements in X3DOM. Three.js has them in the simple editor:
http://mrdoob.github.io/three.js/editor/

Having something like that in X3DOM could be pretty useful, but I really don't want to re-invent the wheel ;- )

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,
Max

--