[X3D-Public] interest in network sensor / client based server software

Eric Maranne eric at geovrml.com
Tue Jan 7 07:21:27 PST 2014

In my implementation, the avatar that took the key is the owner, and
it's reflected in the scenegraph: the key isn't on the door lock
anymore, it's in the hand of the owner, and moves with the owner. No one
but the owner may open the door, unless someone steals the key to the guy.
This is possible, and options are open, let's call owner Avatar A and
the stealer Avatar B:
- the guy AvatarA owning the key is an avatar, then it's own AI is
'unplugged' and incoming messages *at semantic level* is output to the
user in charge "From, AvatarB, TAKE, zeKey" obviously this answer here
would be a boolean, so the message would be presented with a yes/no
option. User chooses ....
- the guy AvatarA owning the key is a robot, and AvatarB is an avatar:
we take for granted that B knows better and he actually grabs the key
(in the scenegraph, the node is now under AvatarB.
- Robot/Robot unlikely to happen, or it is scripted in the scenario or
handled by external AI and the outcome is known
- Avatar/Avatar:  In the AvatarA screen, "From, AvatarB, TAKE, zeKey" is
answered, and the answer triggers the action. Eventually, an avatar may
fight another, or we have plenty of revolvers, guns, rifles,... that may
be available around for 'taking' and 'using' if problem can't find a
easy outcome.

I don't need a responsible here. All -mobile- objects may be taken,
used, released etc ... their position in the scenegraph tells about
their owner or availability. Classicaly, messages are exchanged between
objects upon 'grabing' and each object 'grabber' and 'grabee', 'owner'
and 'stealer' (parents if in scenegraph/container if not) may 'discuss'
locally (in the instances where user interaction is taking place), and
result is shared globally.
Note that I don't have a message 'takeKey' , but simply a Take, with
parameters' messageFrom, messageTo, typeBoolean'. This is a lot different.

Eric.