[X3D-Public] [x3dom-developers] X3DOM and PostGIS 3D Database

Regina Obe regina at arrival3d.com
Mon Jul 14 12:19:24 PDT 2014

Dave,

Thanks for the announcement .

Mike,

I am planning to upgrade the ST_AsX3D function in PostGIS, first by cleaning
up some issues with how its handling some geometries.  Then next deciding
what the best mapping is for each or providing people with spatial geometry
to X3D mapping options
similar to what we do with http://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/ST_AsGML.html

Right now it just uses IndexedFaceSets, LineSets, IndexedLineSet,
IndexedTriangleSet ( http://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/ST_AsX3D.html ) and
there are some spotty areas

Are you referring to the X3D geospatial specs? All I could find was this and
link to X3D geospatial component link
http://www.web3d.org/files/documents/Emerging-Technologies/X3D-Geospatial-Co
mponent.pdf  (just gives me a 404)

http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-1/V3.3/index.html