[X3D-Public] Xj3D Evolution - Web3D.org

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Jun 4 09:52:33 PDT 2014

thanks for responding Alan.  we haven't proposed forking and renaming, since that might have multiple negatives for all concerned (IMO).

certainly continuing with the version-control history of Xj3D code progress, and potential occasional engagement of experienced Xj3D programmers, is all good.  multiple Xj3D versions (1.0 1.1 2.0 2.1 etc.) ought to be able to co-exist and evolve with mutual benefit.

if you or someone else wants to propose Xj3D forking + renaming on the wiki, or simply here on the email thread, go right ahead.  stakeholder group discussion and consensus will explore all of the pros/cons/possibilities listed there.

	http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/Xj3D_Evolution