[X3D-Public] Xj3D Evolution - Web3D.org

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Jun 5 04:32:55 PDT 2014

On 6/4/2014 4:26 PM, Justin Couch wrote:
> On 5/06/2014 2:52 am, Don Brutzman wrote:
>> if you or someone else wants to propose Xj3D forking + renaming on the
>> wiki, or simply here on the email thread, go right ahead.  stakeholder
>> group discussion and consensus will explore all of the
>> pros/cons/possibilities listed there.
>
> I'd actually like to get it moved over to Git(hub?) because branching is a heck of a lot easier there. Similarly, be happy to explore changing the build system to Maven so that you can then automatically pull in dependencies from j3d/AV3D etc, particularly as I'm now up and running with JOGL 2 code, so we dont have to worry about managing our own really really old codebase and compiling platform-specific dependencies.

good news about your JOGL 2 progress, sounds great!  we've been similarly intrigued by possibilities there, both github and maven.

found one potential blocker so far, but not experienced enough to be sure about it...

it appears that the github pricing policy costs money to operate an organizational repository

http://web3d.org/wiki/index.php/Xj3D_Evolution#GitHub
https://github.com/pricing

Is this correct?  Might be a problem with a $25/month expense for Web3D Consortium, it could block development if a payment problem emerged.