[X3D-Public] Announcement: view3dscene 3.14.0 and Castle Game Engine 5.0.0 - TextureBackground, Android, iOS

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sat May 3 11:50:11 PDT 2014

Hi!

New version of view3dscene, an open-source VRML/X3D browser, is available on

   http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php

New features of release 3.14.0 include TextureBackground support (you
can e.g. put MovieTexture on a skybox, yay!), better 2D controls (like
anti-aliased text), and support for standard AWSD keys for movement
(together with mouse look, under Ctrl+M, this allows to move in a
virtual scene like in games).

Probably more impressive is the list of new features of our engine.
Castle Game Engine is an open-source game engine using modern Object
Pascal, focused on excellent support for X3D/VRML (with many extensions,
like for shader effects, screen-space effects, shadows etc.).
view3dscene internally uses Castle Game Engine for all X3D/VRML
processing and rendering. Our new features include support for Android
and iOS (iPhone, iPad) platforms! The engine page, with links to
downloads and documentation, is on

   http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/engine.php

For fun, try also our game "Darkest Before the Dawn",

   http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/darkest_before_dawn.php

Available for Android (from Google Play), Linux and Windows. Of course
open-source, with all the 3D data of course in X3D :)

The full list of changes, with screenshots and everything, is on

   http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/news.php?id=2014-05-01

Enjoy! :)
Michalis