[X3D-Public] MovieTexture not displayed!

Vincent Marchetti vmarchetti at ameritech.net
Mon Nov 3 09:37:17 PST 2014

On the www.x3dom.org site, the URL for the movie texture source is http://doc.x3dom.org/tutorials/basics/imagesMovies/bigBuckBunny.ogv

When retrieved by an ordinary HTTP request to this URL, x3dom.org's server is providing a Content-Type of

Could it be that the x3dom code relies on this information in its download, and that it’s not getting a Content-Type header when loading from a local
file or your server?

Vince Marchetti

> On Nov 3, 2014, at 10:59 AM, Joe Lewis <jlewis at suitefactory.com> wrote:
>
> Here is my issue. When I browser to the following link my browser displays everything correctly. (Firefox 34.3)!
> http://doc.x3dom.org/tutorials/basics/imagesMovies/ <http://doc.x3dom.org/tutorials/basics/imagesMovies/>
>
> When I copy the source file locally and try to display it from my PC I see the Image displayed correctly on its Cube(<Box/>) but the Movie as displayed on its Cube(<Box/> is black even though I can hear the sound. I tried an experiment and copied the source file to my Website in a sub-folder and when I browse to it I got the same results with the black Cube(<Box/>) with sound.
>
> Any Suggestions?
>
> Joe Lewis

Vincent Marchetti
vmarchetti at ameritech.net