[X3D-Public] X3D to VRML working with Matlab Simulink animation

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Nov 9 15:43:28 PST 2014

Hi Jan, it is very good to hear from you again.  It is really super to see that you are still proceeding on these important capabilities, many people here at our university are impressed.

I've add your links to the metadata in our example .x3d scene, and also linked your videos under X3D Resources.

	http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/Matlab
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Videos

It would be great if you were available sometime to review this progress, either as part of our regular X3D Working Group meetings (Wednesdays 8-10 pacific) or directly with Ben and I when convenient.  We'll study your links further.

The X3D team is keen to ensure that your ongoing improvements might take full advantage of our evolution/revolution standardization efforts in X3D v3.4/v4.0.  The recent advancement of HTML5 to final W3C Recommendation status (after 15 years of work!) shows how important this kind of steady effort can really be.

Of possible interest:  Web3D Consortium currently is in the nominations period for our annual Board of Directors election, continuing through 14 November.  If Humusoft of Mathworks is interested, we're happy to discuss that too.

Looking forward to further progress together, good luck with your work.