[X3D-Public] Viewers for scenes saved from X3DEdit

Bederov, Sergey bederov at cortona3d.com
Tue Nov 18 06:25:10 PST 2014

Hello Anthony,

Cortona3D Viewer doesn't support X3D, it only supports VRML 1.0 and VRML 2.0 (VRML97) files. Please note that "Classic VRML encoding" of X3D (with extension .x3dv) is not VRML, it's X3D formatted "in VRML style".

In case of errors in the source file, Cortona3D Viewer prints messages to the console. Usually the console pops up automatically; if not, click the right mouse button inside the 3D window and select "Show Console".

X3D-Edit says that it can export VRML97 files. Can you please provide VRML97 examples from X3D-Edit which don't open in Cortona3D Viewer?

Sergey Bederov
Senior Developer
Cortona3D
Nakhimovsky pr-t, 47,19-th floor