[X3D-Public] [x3dom-developers] initial X3D JSON conversion support using X3dToJson.xslt

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Oct 9 23:12:07 PDT 2014

On 10/9/2014 10:55 AM, Behr, Johannes wrote:
> We should not limit our self to a specific tool.
> With another tool (e.g. aopt) which has a full X3D type-system can easily create any round-trip from my proposed data.

It will be great to have aopt support for an X3D JSON encoding, hopefully you can either accept it as input or produce it as output.

it was great to learn a bit more about aopt at the Web3D and SIGGRAPH conferences in Vancouver last August.

presumably aopt is behind your online site

	http://doc.instantreality.org/tools/x3d_encoding_converter

once we get a strict definition for X3D JSON it will be great to test.

... and your access to a fully functional type system in that program probably makes that a bit easier than my standalone X3dToJson.xslt program.

Looking forward to continued steady progress.