[X3D-Public] [x3dom-developers] X3D's JSON Encoding - who can work on X3DOM loader?

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Oct 15 09:46:21 PDT 2014

On 10/8/2014 7:03 AM, Nicholas Polys wrote:
> Thanks to the X3D WG for looking into this!

we've got something now...

> It sounds like Johannes has some design experience and suggestions....?
> I did some searching on json X3DOM for examples and existing work:

yes let's continue...

> http://www.x3dom.org/x3dom/test/regression-suite/node_modules/request/node_modules/json-stringify-safe/

looks like it serializes JSON to string

> http://www.x3dom.org/x3dom/test/regression-suite/node_modules/selenium-webdriver/lib/goog/json/

looks useful.  "Tests if a string is an invalid JSON string. This only ensures that we are not using any invalid characters"

> http://jsfiddle.net/jcarlile/9U7Bf/

yep this is super, live testing/hacking in the browser.  wondering if it works with X3DOM?

> XML3D fyi
> http://xml3d.github.io/xml3d-examples/
> http://xml3d.github.io/xml3d-examples/examples/suzanne/suzanne.html

very good.  looks like XML3D has a JSON:

http://xml3d.github.io/xml3d-examples/examples/suzanne/suzanne.json