[X3D-Public] [x3dom-developers] initial X3D JSON conversion support using X3dToJson.xslt

Behr, Johannes johannes.behr at igd.fraunhofer.de
Sat Oct 18 13:39:52 PDT 2014

Hi Yvonne,

> just wrote a very small test that instead dumps a given scene as JSON to the Browser console (ignore __proto__, this is always there in JS, should be skipped when serializing). Here is the example (click the “dump” button and see the result in the console): http://www.x3dom.org/x3dom/test/functional/flipper.html

This is interesting. But the "children" container ins "Scene" is empty ?!?

Best regards
Johannes

> This is because I think, it might be easier to start the other way round: the X3DOM runtime already has all information for creating some test JSONs. The export could then be refined/optimized based on some tests and from that, a first and easy to integrate draft could be derived. What do you think?
> Best, Yvonne

---
Dr. Johannes Behr
Head of Department: Visual Computing System Technologies
Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-510  |  Fax +49 6151 155-196
johannes.behr at igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de