[X3D-Public] [x3dom-developers] X3D Schema updates, autogenerating Java SAI appendices, node inventory update

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Oct 18 20:10:14 PDT 2014

Updates are posted to the Java Language Binding appendices incorporating all current comments.

We expect to declare the current Committee Draft update effort compete during our weekly meeting next week.

Last call for comments on this round, please.

Current official specification:
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19777-2/V3.0/Part2/X3D_Java.html

New links:
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/#AutogeneratedProducts
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/JavaLanguageBinding/Part2/abstracts.html
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/JavaLanguageBinding/Part2/concretes.html

TODO status:

Annex B Abstract node interfaces
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/JavaLanguageBinding/Part2/abstracts.html#TODO

TODO. Continue node signature verification and best-practice design patterns.

DONE. Sections for Annex B.1 B.2 B.3 and B.4 are mostly done. Need to be re-verified to ensure that no side effects have crept in during incremental development.

DONE. Original code sections for Annex B.4.1 through B.4.6 needs to be inserted.

DONE. Original prose sections for Annex B.5 B.6 and B.7 has been inserted.

Annex C Concrete node interfaces
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/JavaLanguageBinding/Part2/concretes.html#TODO

TODO. Continue node signature verification and best-practice design patterns.

DONE. Much work has been accomplished in the schema to capture accessType inputOnly, initializeOnly, outputOnly field information in a way that is readable by tools but does not interfere with XML schema validation of X3D scenes.

DONE. The node-generation blocks are successfully creating Annex C - Concrete node interfaces. A full set of additions to the X3D Schema now include inputOnly/outputOnly/SFNode/MFNode fields as appinfo entries. X3D version 3.3 is being used to generate the clause.

DONE. When X3D v3.3 Schema corrections are complete, insert modifications into X3D v3.2 v3.1 and v3.0. Changes are checked in when publication checks and regression testing are complete.

TODO. The node-generation blocks will be adapted to create a package of actual source-code interfaces for compilation validation. This will help tools and authors looking for a lightweight way to compile Script code written in Java.

TODO. Get geoOrigin warning to appear. Refactor repetitive code for warnings.

TODO. DEF/USE handling.