[X3D-Public] Application Foundations for the Open Web Platform

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Oct 28 11:18:56 PDT 2014

by Jeff Jaffe, CEO W3C

"Bringing HTML5 to the status of W3C Recommendation (in October 2014) is a defining moment in the development of the Open Web Platform (OWP), a set of technologies for developing distributed applications with the greatest interoperability in history. This year is also the 25th anniversary of the Web and 20th anniversary of W3C, making this an even more meaningful time to engage with the community about the Next Big Thing for the Web Platform.

My starting point for this discussion is that, now that HTML5 is done, W3C should focus on strengthening the parts of the Open Web Platform that developers most urgently need for success. I call this push for developers “Application Foundations.”

http://www.w3.org/blog/2014/10/application-foundations-for-the-open-web-platform