[x3d-public] Gravity Sensor?

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Fri Apr 24 02:04:01 PDT 2015

A few questions to the community.

Is there something like a "gravity sensor" in X3D/VRML?

Reasoning:

a) The Web3D Browser cares for gravity and collision detection, when controlling the movement of the avatar.
b) However, when controlling the dynamics of an arbitrary object, I have to care for gravity and collision myself
c) In classical scenes, the gravity is 9.81 m.s^-2 in -y direction, no problem
d) But how to calculate gravity in an X3D-Earth scene? Don't we need a kind of "gravity sensor" here?