[x3d-public] Gravity Sensor?

GLG x3d-public at 3dnpvei.com
Fri Apr 24 21:47:17 PDT 2015

Yes Christoph, I was speaking of our own experience with this at Office Towers, as we have several types of vehicles running. In our case, the vehicles themselves are the containers, but that doesn't keep the browser from seeing movements, thus triggering the "walk" gesture. Some field needs to be passed to the avatars, to override the browser action when inside moving vehicles, while still allowing said gesture within the vehicles themselves.

As far as gravity and physics, we'd like to see a simple node that would allow any object to behave much like an avatar as defined by the browser, without having to deal with collision detection in every instance. Avatars fall to the highest elevation, don't go through walls, etc., and they do this automatically. We'd need the ability to have objects do the same as needed, so cars don't go through buildings and flying machines don't go below ground, unless we want to. Cheers, Lauren