[x3d-public] X3D | GPAC - installation license

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Aug 25 04:03:10 PDT 2015

Have added GPAC to X3D Resources page under Applications.

	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/X3dResources.html#Applications

Incidentally, installation of GPAC includes a curious license statement.  Image attached, transcription follows.

"Multimedia technologies are often covered by various patents which are most of the time hard to identify.   These patents may or may not apply in your local jurisdiction.  By installing this software, you acknowledge that you may have to pay royaltee (sic) fees in order to legally use this software.  Do not proceed with this setup if you do not understand or do not agree with these terms.  In any case, the authors and/or distributors bears no liability for any infringing usage of this software, which is provided for educational or research purposes."

Meanwhile, in contrast, so that no one is confused about X3D:
	http://www.web3d.org/standards
	"Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics and Humanoid Animation (H-Anim) include a coordinated set of steadily evolving ISO standards which are publicly available and royalty free (RF) for any use."