[x3d-public] Validation suggestion on animation events

Anthony Judge anthony.judge at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 02:20:46 PDT 2015

Roy

Many thanks for your response to my ignorance. My thought is that the
lines of code governing the cube animation can be very simple. It is
just that I do not understand the links between the timesensors and
the routes. As an assiduous explorer of documentation, I got hints
from everywhere but could not get a fix on the solution -- which I
think would indeed be a nice simple test case for those of us who work
most efficiently from examples

As to your questions. With regard to the closed loop, the animation is
one of a number of continuous cycles within a much more complex piece
of geometry with 64 edges, namely the drilled truncated cube. My
question focused on the central cube. This is the basis for one of a
number of animations which can be run separately or together.

This means some 64 lines moving to their parallels. It all works quite
well, except where I have failed to take account of lines frozen by
simultaneous FROM  translations being programmed --  the cylinder
lines do not then move. Only lines moving TO  those positions move.

As to the repeat trigger, I do not understand that within an X3D
context although I understand the concepts in other program logic.

With regard to the cube animation, it is easiest for me to send you
the whole animation of which the central cube is a subset. So attached
are 3 x3d files:

-- X3D01_not_ok which has my recent experiments on the central cube
using multiple clocks, but only works partially with a single movement
on one clock
-- X3D01_ok which has multiple movements on the central cube, with a
single clock and some lines frozen,  not moving or invisible
-- X3D00 which offers a sense of some of the other movements -- giving
 a sense of what I am working with, but using a single clock. Most
movements then work because none of the lines have incompatible
translates

Apologies for the bulky files, I do not need the precision on the
coordinates but have not got around to reducing it, if X3D Edit has a
fancy means of doing so.

The animation is going into a document on my site with 3 other x3d
animations, also in the wrl forms. So it will be a well-publicised
case

Thanks for your attention to the matter

Tony