[x3d-public] System overload issues?

Anthony Judge anthony.judge at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:04:39 PDT 2015

I am running x3d reasonably satisfactorily on a a laptop (Win 7, 64
bit, 4 gig RAM)

I am processing an x3d file of 600k. The edit process gets into
problematic conditions

Currently I have been in the following mode for some 20 minutes:

Checking file:/C:/laetusa/docs10s/images/climmeta_files/critchlow.x3d...
Referenced entity at
"nbres:/org/web3d/x3d/externals/schemas/x3d-3.2-Web3dExtensionsPrivate.xsd".
Validation complete
X3D check complete

Checking file:/C:/laetusa/docs10s/images/climmeta_files/critchlow.x3d...
Checking file:/C:/laetusa/docs10s/images/climmeta_files/critchlow.x3d...

My performance graph indicates continuing peak disk interaction. In
that mode attempt to save is refused

I have turned off all other applications, including other x3d files in
the editor.

An annoying feature is that I have been unable to turn off the number
of viewers which get called -- despite using the relevant tabs. The
web browser seems to work best. The X3jd is a pain and difficult to
turn off. The Octaga facility is repeatedly enabled whatever I do.
Multiple viewers activated by minor edit saves are  clearly consuming
resources

Tony

--
Anthony Judge