[x3d-public] X3D JSON prototype preprocessor. First version

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:49:28 PST 2015

As promised, I have begun work on a X3D JSON prototype preprocessor (PPP), found here:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/PPP.js <https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/blob/master/PPP.js>

This one merely takes the protobody and copies it to the protoinstances and removes the protodeclare and currently leaves an empty object.  It also rescopes all the DEFs in the protobody instances.  I don’t handle USEs yet.  I have tried it successfully on a JSON file, converted them back to XML and have all scripts work on a scene.

Contributions are welcome!  I will probably add a dispatch table and parser object in the near future.

Does someone have an example vrmlscript that works in Cobweb?  I’d like to try it.