[x3d-public] Holger: trying to understand how to create valid X3D scripts that run in Cobweb

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:55:17 PST 2015

I was able to get my scripts working loading from either X3D XML -> Cobweb or X3D XML -> JSON -> Cobweb by inlining them.  My scripts don’t use ProtoInterface, so the lack of that didn’t cause an issue.  So the good news is, we have Prototypes and Scripts partially working with X3D JSON and the X3D JSON loader, albeit via XML for now until we can get native tool support.  We do need ProtoInterfaces for a complete tool, but I’m hoping that will come without many more additional changes to my X3D JSON Loader (Don, can you change X3dToJson.xslt to output ProtoInterface keys?  If you like I can be an alias for field Thank you.)

I had one more question for Holger.  What about VRMLScripts which are external to the X3D or WRL file?  Thanks!

I will upload working loader to github and my website with examples.

John