[x3d-public] X3dToJson.xslt. Outstanding bug (corrected reply)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Dec 5 19:48:02 PST 2015

thanks for the test scene, very helpful.

On 12/4/2015 9:00 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> Don I downloaded the most recent stylesheet and saw no changes.  There’s an issue with the MFRotation field being a string versus and array when a value is used.  Here is a sample file you can use
> .  (bubbles.x3d) to translate to JSON to see the problem.  Thanks!

the current online and checked-in version of the stylesheet appears to work.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dToJson.xslt
https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dToJson.xslt

bubbles.json output attached.

i will try to run an update of X3D-Edit that includes it.  meanwhile X3D-Edit also lets you use the XSLT arrow "->" button to launch a locally saved stylesheet, be sure to provide the right file extension.

am also noticing some idiosyncracies in the .x3d source, preferred schema whitespace for multiple-value numeric types is to only use commas between each tuple, i.e. no commas in SFRotation and only commas between contained SFRotation values in MFRotation arrays.  looks like your field initializations are slipping through X3D Schematron, will try to add some rules for those.