[x3d-public] including ProtoInterface keys in the JSON encoding; error logs and comment handling

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Dec 11 18:39:16 PST 2015

three items here:

1. InstantPlayer console

On 12/10/2015 9:33 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> [...]  I don’t know where the InstantPlayer log files are kept, and I can’t copy paste.

InstantPlayer > Window menu > Console ^K

example for your scene:
=======================
LOG	Avalon	 Init: 12/286, V2.6.0 build: R-28726 Sep 30 2015 Windows x86_64
LOG	Avalon	 CDF parsing (0.015s): 631 Node-Types defined
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.clearSpanWidth: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.riseHeight: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.depth: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.topAbutmentHeight: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.pierWidth: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.pierHeight: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.archHalf: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.archHalfExtensionWidth: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.onlyIntrados: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.archFilled: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.archHalfFilled: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
WARNING	Avalon	 Script/ArchPrototypeScript.lintel: Invalid Field dec, "value" missing for accessType initializeOnly
FATAL	S3	 Unknown S3 backend default; can not create
WARNING	S3	 Could not create S3 backend: default
WARNING	OpenSG	 Window::getFunctionByName: Couldn't get function 'glPointParameterfEXT' for Window 000000000809FBC8.
WARNING	OpenSG	 Window::getFunctionByName: Couldn't get function 'glPointParameterfvEXT' for Window 000000000809FBC8.
WARNING	Avalon	 Inline/CoordinateAxes: Cannot load URL(s): ../../X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter03-Grouping/CoordinateAxes.x3d
WARNING	Avalon	 Inline/CoordinateAxes: Cannot load URL(s): ../../../Savage/Tools/Authoring/CoordinateAxes.x3d
WARNING	Avalon	 Collision/DoNotCollideWithVisualizationWidget has ambiguous fields (2) adding Group/80393344
WARNING	Avalon	 Collision/DoNotCollideWithVisualizationWidget has ambiguous fields (2) adding ComponentTransform/56699600
WARNING	Avalon	 Collision/DoNotCollideWithVisualizationWidget has ambiguous fields (2) adding ComponentTransform/136715392
=======================

2. It would be a real service to the community if someone or sometwo were willing to maintain a page that showed how to get errors from each player.

Perhaps common best practice would eventually emerge as well...

3. Handling of JSON comments.  Example:

"#comment":[
   "COLOR OF ARCH",
   "INPUT PARAMETERS",
   "General parameters: measures in meters",
   "Parameters to create to create shapes related to arch: put true to apply"
],

>Returning ArchPrototype.x3d results from my loader for your perusal.

Looks like the adjacent comments were merged:

<!--COLOR OF ARCH
INPUT PARAMETERS
General parameters: measures in meters
Parameters to create to create shapes related to arch: put true to apply-->

Can you instead please convert a "#comment" array of strings into an list of comments as follows: