[x3d-public] The fundamental challenge left in computer science: unstructured, dangling media.

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 22:55:33 PST 2015

Unstructured media: variable sized, new, hyper, dangling, broken, unfinished, context sensitive, made up, random, chaotic, ungrammatical, incorrect, paradoxical, and  incomplete phonemes, words, sentences, grammars, and meta-grammars.  Likewise with music, speech, drawings, points, vectors, surface, volumes, dimensions (geometry), painting, sculpture, pictures, video (pixels, voxels, time rate or size), taste, smell, motion, emotion, thought, haptics and feeling.

If we can find a way to represent these in VRML/X3D/PostScript/PDF V4 or V5 or …  I think we have a good chance of handling almost everything.

Thoughts?  What file formats or file structure are likely at this point?