[x3d-public] Why Google Glass Broke - NYTimes.com

Mitchell Williams mitchellwi at google.com
Tue Feb 17 09:55:48 PST 2015

Interesting article.

I just attended the Silicon Valley Android Developers Meetup and they had a
presentation on Google Glass to help children with autism.  Ned Sahin,
neuroscientist
 from Harvard (http://www.nedsahin.com/) discussed how they were using
Glass, and that it's not exactly dead, just version 0.1  His project is at
http://brain-power.com/

As we know from Web 3D, technology evolves with many good concepts dead on
the roadside, and others following in those trails blazed by those before
it.

Mitch

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:

> [Original headline: "Broken Glass"]
>
> Style:  Why Google Glass Broke
>
> by Nick Bilton, New York Times, FEB. 4, 2015
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/05/style/why-google-glass-broke.html
>
>  This is a story that involves lots of public intrigue, a futuristic
>> wearable technology, a secret laboratory, fashion models, sky divers and an
>> interoffice love triangle that ended a billionaire’s marriage. This is the
>> story of Google Glass.
>>
>> Before we begin, this is the part in the tale where I should probably
>> explain what Google Glass is. Except, I don’t have to. Google Glass didn’t
>> just trickle out into the world. Instead, it exploded with the kind of fuss
>> and pageantry usually reserved for an Apple iSomething.
>>
> [...]
> brutzman at nps.edu
> Watkins 270,  MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA
> +1.831.656.2149
> X3D graphics, virtual worlds, navy robotics http://faculty.nps.edu/
> brutzman

Mitch Williams

Check out my book "*WebGL Hotshot*" available at:
https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/webgl-hotshot

310-809-4836 (outside line)