[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] simple X3D -> JSON -> X3DOM, D3.js

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Wed Feb 18 11:24:04 PST 2015

On 2/18/2015 10:44 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> Yes, I am aware of the work that Don did, however, I think his
> treatment of elements, vectors and arrays may be different than mine.
> Since my target is X3DOM & D3.js, I want to copy over the attributes
> and elements as simply as possible--the JSON output should be ready
> for simply putting into X3DOM with D3.js.

Can you address your issues specifically. That format is experimental at
this and we are looking for ways to improve it and make it useful for
everyone.

> What license does Xj3D use?  Could I use it?

I think it is GPL V2 and LGPL (unknown version). It may have recently
been upgraded. I am pretty sure that the license is a publicly available
one, so "yes".

> As I've timestamped the emails in Google, I can claim prior art.

I think that only works for patents. Trademarks (I think) are
first-to-file. Copyright is the first to express in a tangible media. It
is easy to make a license less restrictive. There may be a lot of
problems making it more restrictive. I recommended the most restrictive
just to cover yourself while you investigate.

Thanks,

Leonard Daly