[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] simple X3D -> JSON -> X3DOM, D3.js

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Feb 18 15:14:19 PST 2015

John, thanks for letting everyone know about this interesting work!

The experimental X3dToJson.xslt stylesheet is found at web3d.org and sourceforge:

	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dToJson.xslt

	https://sourceforge.net/p/x3d/code/HEAD/tree/www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets

All of the X3D examples include conversions online to facilitate testing.  Here is one:

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorld.x3d
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorld.html (documentation)
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/HelloWorld.json

Looking forward to learning differences and considering possible improvements.  The ability to create loaders for javascript libraries that use a .json encoding is very valuable, and Web3D Consortium members are going all the way to standardization to ensure long-term interoperability and reusability.