[x3d-public] [x3d] [X3D] X3D schema, DTD updates: USE HAnim objects

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Jan 26 17:23:10 PST 2015

H-Anim specification has many good requirements which must be honored for correct operation.

X3D (XML .x3d) is one way of implementing H-Anim.  There are others, including VRML97.

X3D/XML validation tools have a range of capabilities.  We try to adapt them as is best possible.  We cannot make them accomplish tasks that they are not capable of.

I think that the combination of validation tools that we have now provides nearly comprehensive validation of .x3d HAnim scenes.  These scenes are sophisticated, so tool support appears to be essential for creating high-quality high-capability HAnim scenes.  Tool support continues to slowly steadily grow.

If anyone can find errors in our .x3d examples, I am happy to both fix them, and provide new tests to prevent recurrence of undetected errors in the future.

Again thanks for your review of these issues, second checking is always very helpful.

p.s. glad to hear both you and William loud and clear from Korea right now!