[x3d-public] [x3dom-users] TimeSensor and OrientationInterpolator

Leonard Daly web3d at realism.com
Wed Jan 28 07:26:10 PST 2015

Andy,

Nice work.

I am in Pacific (GMT-0800). My computer says 7:05 (AM), the clock says
1:05.

The script node always runs locally with access to local resources. The
time returned by a TimeSensor node is always GMT. If you are making any
adjustments for the clock to look correct at your timezone, then it will
probably be incorrect for most other people. If you are using JavaScript
in the browser (as opposed to TimeSensor in X3D), then the time returned
from the getTime() method is local time.

There can also be "hidden" adjustments based on the 0-angle for various
Transforms.

You might consider getting the browser's JavaScript time and feeding
into an X3D Script node to determine the offset and use that to set the
initial position of the hour hand. Note that X3DOM does not support the
Script node, so you may need to do the initialization work in the
browser and feed the results as an initial rotation of the hour hand
into the X3D scene.

Leonard Daly

*Leonard Daly*
X3D Co-Chair