[x3d-public] [x3dom-developers] ElevationGrid for the modern age

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 08:25:52 PST 2015

Kristian,
> http://xml3d.org/xml3d/papers/shade.js/

"Moreover, shade.js can easily
be ported to other WebGL engines and – with little extra
effort – also to native renderers."

Native - that's music to my ears.

"...our compiler partitions the shader program
by computation frequencies in order to optimize the
run time performance, i.e. it extracts parts of the code that
can be executed on the CPU or on the vertex shader stage respectively..."

So it can do vertex-shader stuff too? And a bit of CPU?

Sounds interesting.
-Doug