[x3d-public] Thank you for making Web3D 2015 Conference a success

Anita Havele anita.havele at web3d.org
Thu Jul 2 09:11:03 PDT 2015

Dear All,

Hope you all had safe travels home. What an amazing Web3D 2015 Conference and exciting week!!! We have become one of the leading forums for Web3D technology researchers, providers and users to meet, discuss and test the advancement of 3D on the Web. We would like to thank the Web3D community for their commitment and continued support of our vision for an open 3D Web.

Congratulations to our best Paper winners: Krzysztof Walczak and Jakub Flotnyski from Poznan University of Economics. Web3D City Modeling Contest Winners:  Hannes Gräuler and Frederik Hilling from Geoplex and Student Winners: Kanishk Chaturvedi and Yao Zhihang from Technical University Munich.

On behalf of the Web3D Consortium I would like to sincerely thank each one of the committee members and conference participants for their contributions and efforts to make this conference, our 20th one a big success. We hope you all enjoyed our 20th anniversary celebration dinner honoring and showcasing our journey and accomplishments through these years.

I’ll start with our General Chair Dr. Athanasios Malamos, your outstanding leadership and dedication in planning the Web3D 2015 Conference made this one the best. Crete - such a beautiful city, great history, amazing food and wonderful people. Kudos to the Technological Educational Institute(TEI) of Crete team! We could not have asked for a better host to celebrate this important milestone.

Our Program Chairs: Tobias Schreck, Felix Hamza-lup and Jinyuan Jia for bringing together researchers to present and discuss their 3D work. The quality of our paper submissions is improving every year.

Our Tutorial and workshop chairs: Tobias Franke and Sandy Ressler for gathering key individuals for demonstrations and discussion of the various scopes and approaches to 3D on the Web.

Our Web chair Malvina Stiakaki, for the site design and prompt updates to the website.

Our Finance Chair Michael Kalochristianakis for keeping us within budget.

Our infamous Sandy Ressler for  engaging us throughout the conference and the Web3D Showcase.

We can’t forget our president Nicholas Polys and Don Brutzman who keep us focused on the mission of this conference.

A special thank you to our keynote speaker Dieter Fellner from Fraunhofer IGD. Finally we thank our sponsors EDF (Christophe Mouton), NVidia and Khronos.

Last but not least we would like to thank all our attendees for sharing their knowledge and participating in important discussions on the future of the 3D Web. Apart from the conference program we hope you had time to network and learn from the Web3D experts at the conference. I hope I have not missed anyone but if I have, thank you again.

If you have not yet submitted your presentations, please send these to web3d2015 at gmail.com so we can post on the conference website.

We will soon start planning for the Web3D 2016 conference which is proposed to be co-located with ACM Siggraph in Anaheim, California USA,  22-24 July 2016.  If any of you are interested in being a part of the planning committee  and help us improve the conference please let us know. We hope to see you all again next year!

Efharsito! and let’s keep advancing the 3D Web!!!

Best regards,

Anita Havele

Executive Director, Web3D Consortium    <http://www.web3d.org/> www.web3d.org

Phone: +1 248 342 7662    Fax: +1 844 768 6886