[x3d-public] Edge cases of Extrusion

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Jul 7 17:48:05 PDT 2015

Totally great, many thanks Michalis.  Also super to see you and your great demo updates again at Web3D Conference!

If there are any other extrusion tests that you (or others) think would be good to add, please let me know.

On 7/6/2015 10:36 AM, Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
>> Actually, I just tested latest view3dscene (3.15.0) on the model from
>> http://x3dGraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GeometricShapes/ExtrusionExamplesTest.x3d
>> , and it's handled perfectly:) Attaching the screenshot.
>>

> Forgot the attachment... Here's the screenshot :)

Your test image is integrated with the build, checked in and uploaded.
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GeometricShapes
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GeometricShapes/ExtrusionExamplesTest.x3d
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GeometricShapes/ExtrusionExamplesTest.html
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GeometricShapes/ExtrusionExamplesTest.view3dscene.png

p.s. view3dscene supports all 10 of the current Extrusion tests, while X3DOM only supports 9.  i hope that someone out there is irritated about that!   8)

http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GeometricShapes/ExtrusionExamplesTest.xhtml
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GeometricShapes/ExtrusionExamplesTest.X3DOM.png

p.p.s. Xj3D is failing badly on 2 of the tests, we are definitely upset about that since it affects a lot of content, but all debug efforts to date have been unsuccessful.  :(
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/GeometricShapes/ExtrusionExamplesTest.Xj3D.png