[x3d-public] X3D WG Meetings Open to the Public

Leonard Daly web3d at realism.com
Fri Jul 17 18:05:37 PDT 2015

The X3D Working Group has a significant goal for the end of the year -
the release of a specification that supports X3D in the web browser
though a library such as X3DOM. It was announced last year that the WG
was using X3DOM as a prototype implementation to develop the
specification. It is now coming to fruition.

To make this happen, the X3D WG is looking for input from the community
to resolve some of the details related to reaching this goal. The WG
needs help from content developers, browser developers, artists, and
anyone else who wishes to contribute to bringing standards-compliant 3D
to the web browser.

SIGGRAPH is a significant event for Web3D Consortium. We want to have as
much detail as possible. We are opening up all of the Working Group
meetings to all interested contributors from now until SIGGRAPH. The
meetings are every Wednesday at 8AM Pacific Time (GMT-0700) and last 90
minutes to 2 hours. The meeting dates are 22 July, 29 July, and 5
August. Future announcements will occur on the x3d-public list. You can
sign up for that list at
http://www.web3d.org/mailman/listinfo/x3d-public_web3d.org

If you would like to participate in one or more of the meetings, please
contact me (web3d [AT] realism.com) for dial-in instructions.

An agenda is sent out in advance of each meeting with appropriate
document links and other material. Minutes are sent out a few days after
the meeting and will be archived on the public mailing list archives.
You are welcome to contribute via the phone conference or via email.

--
*Leonard Daly*
X3D Co-Chair