[x3d-public] Availability of X3D viewers -- despite the resource list?

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:13:59 PDT 2015

Besides object, you can also do an href to your .x3d with most plugins.
Freewrl ignors all params in object, except "src".
-Doug
more..
KIOSK ~= NO DASHBOARD
I used Flux for a kiosk scenario once, and in kiosk mode you give the user no way to exit except by keyboard, then hide/remove the keyboard. Great for science fairs, museum exhibits etc where people will be using the mouse (or touch screen) to navigate. Flux recognized DASHBOARD=FALSE and would take away any menu bar that would allow the user to use the mouse to exit, or minimize or pick files or in general get out of the scene and into the operating system. Instead of DASHBOARD=FALSE it could have said KIOSK=TRUE.
I used InternetExplorer in kiosk mode:
iexplore -k mypage.html
And in mypage.html I did the object with param DASHBOARD = FALSE and once running, I would unplug the keybaord.
Freewrl doesn't have an exact kiosk mode, although some have hacked it for kiosk. Wouldn't be too hard.