[x3d-public] announce: Web3D Projects Wish List

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 07:25:44 PDT 2015

LineSensor - mentioned by Max for X3Dom ie if you are doing an editor, and you have 3 axes, you want to be able to drag something by a single axis. Planesensor has a way to thunk to 1D but it's not 100%. (I implemented LineSensor in freewrl to see if there were gotchas. Works fine).
Polygon2D with holes - someone mentioned a need when doing city sidewalks that have holes for trees.
-- or have all exporters compute triangleset2D or indexedfaceset
-- or have an intermediate format that allows it, and a tool that converts to a more compact set of nodes
Other_authoring_tool -> x3dExpanded -> x3dPrepTool -> x3dMinimal -> x3dbrowsers
-Doug