[x3d-public] Blender exporter

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:14:05 PDT 2015

Michalis,

I hacked an older Bart Campbell python exporter a few times, about 5 years ago, you're welcome to start with or get ideas from this if you don't like the current blender x3d exporter. IIRC the main things I did differently:
a) used an xml library to help form elements
b) included sub-scenes
But I suspect didn't include the sub-scenes correctly, or could have made an option on how to use them They should have been exported as Inlines or Protos and I think I included them in a single export file.
x didn't do animations or fancy stuff - just static
http://sourceforge.net/p/freewrl/git/ci/develop/tree/freex3d/blender_scripts/
- there's a hint/comment in the .py on how to use it with recent versions of blender ie in blender console you enter a command, rather than installing it
-Doug