[x3d-public] Web3D 2015 > Paper topics > SSR, x3dz

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 5 08:56:08 PST 2015

I don't have time or € to attend, but if someone else wants to go but has no paper/is looking for a topic, I have a few to share:
1. the SSR Server-Side Rendering topic I posted about recently. It's thin gruel/not much to it, and not a new concept, so it would be titled something like "Yet another practical implementation of server-side rendering, this time using webgl on the client side, a C web server, and freewrl on the server side to render viewpoint snapshots in a single web3d scene", and it might take 2 photos and 1 page to explain. The SSR code -client and server parts- is checked in to freewrl's git develop branch on sourceforge.
2. x3dz - a bundling method for sending a .zip of the scene and its image resources. Something similar, but simpler .x3z is built into freewrl, and uses a .zip library to unzip -like googleEarth .kmz- so it's easy for scene publishers to package. Again, it's pretty light concepts, one page, title something like "Advanced resource bundling methods for conventional web3d"