[x3d-public] [x3d] Comment on Specification by "walroy" on Picking component

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Mar 13 17:47:56 PDT 2015

Great catch Roy.  The correct/authoritative answer is found in the first section of each component.  Thus:

http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/components/picking.html#Name

> 38.1.1 Name
> The name of this component is "Picking".

X3D DOCTYPE however is missing that enumeration completely:
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dDoctypeDocumentation3.3.html#component

X3D Schema mistakenly says PickingSensor:
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSchemaDocumentation3.3/x3d-3.3_componentNames.html

X3D Tooltips include "Picking" correctly.
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/X3dTooltips.html#component

I will fix both DTD and Schema for current and prior versions, (v3.2, v3.3, v3.4)

Another mistake, this one is for Dick:

X3D specification, Component index: also mistaken, says PickingSensor
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19775-1/V3.3/Part01/componentIndex.html