[x3d-public] Loading VRML into a web browser with XSLT

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sun Mar 29 02:46:18 PDT 2015

On 2/21/2015 6:02 AM, John Carlson wrote:
> Say, is there a vrmltox3d.xslt?

Not possible.  XSLT requires XML input.

There are stylesheets for .x3d (XML input) to produce VRML97 or ClassicVRML.

http://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dToVrml97.xslt
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/stylesheets/X3dToX3dvClassicVrmlEncoding.xslt

>  Can we use it to load vrml into a web browser?  Would that make people craving for JSON happy?

I think the more we progress on X3D JSON, the more closely it will resemble the words and structure of VRML with different bracketology.