[x3d-public] Open Asset Import Library download | SourceForge.net

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Sat May 23 12:02:01 PDT 2015

No, but one idea popped to mind, for the Generic Editor Framework concept^. If on the scengraph you try and drag an object from X3D to collada or vice-versa, instead of it being impossible, perhaps a converter such as assimp could attempt to convert, so you can drag across format boundaries.
-Doug
^more..